SHOAL CREEK CANOE RUN
Iron City, Tennessee
Due to the virus and personal reasons, our store and campgrounds are currently closed. We are unsure when we will reopen. We are not renting or shuttling any boats at this time either. If you choose to put yourself in at Factory Creek bridge, be aware there is a huge risk of your vehicle being towed by the landowners there. Keep check here and on Facebook for any updates. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Lisa & Patrick
SHOAL CREEK CANOE RUN was established in 1997. We rent canoes, kayaks & tubes for individuals and groups along the beautiful Shoal Creek in Iron City, Tennessee.
Enjoy spectacular scenery while relaxing as you peacefully float along the creek. There are a few minor rapids on the upper run, but overall, the creek is Class 1. Take a dip in the clear water. Grab a pole and catch some fish such as small- and large-mouth bass, black perch, and catfish (just to name a few). If you forget the necessities, don't worry. We offer a variety of snacks, drinks, ice, sunglasses, sunblock, etc. If fishing is your thing, we carry bait and tackle and we sell licenses. Check out our freshly prepared breakfast and lunch. If you're looking for a place to get away from it all, we also offer primitive camping behind our store. So, bring the kids and the pets-floating our creek is the perfect outdoor family activity!
PATRICK & LISA PURSER
CANOE & KAYAK RENTAL RATES
FACTORY TO IRON CITY
BUSBY TO IRON CITY
IRON CITY TO GOOSE SHOALS
FACTORY TO GOOSE SHOALS
BUSBY TO GOOSE SHOALS
*ALL TIMES ARE APPROXIMATE. IT WILL DEPEND ON WATER FLOW
AND HOW MANY TIMES YOU STOP ALONG THE WAY.
**THESE TRIPS CAN BE SPLIT INTO 2 DAY TRIPS.
IN THESE CASES, PRICES WILL BE
SEE CAMPING INFORMATION BELOW.
8 MILE TRIPS - LAST LAUNCH TIME IS 2 PM
10 MILE TRIPS - LAST LAUNCH TIME IS 12 PM
LONGER TRIPS - LAST LAUNCH TIME IS 7 AM
3RD PERSON IN CANOE
13 & over - $5 EXTRA
12 & under - FREE
We try to limit excessive weight in canoes to avoid damage, so we
encourage the 3rd person to take a kayak, paddleboard or tube if possible.
It will also be more enjoyable for that person.
One or two small children in the middle of a canoe is acceptable.
SHUTTLE SERVICE RATES
(for those who have their own canoe or kayak)
$20 for one boat solo
(if other boats are going, then $15)
$15 each for 2 - 4 boats
$10 each for 5 or more boats
PADDLEBOARDS ARE NOW AVAILABLE!
Rental rates are same as kayaks.
THEY ARE HYBRID, MEANING YOU CAN SIT OR STAND ON THEM.
Check out our photo gallery to see an example of one.
TUBE RENTAL RATES
$10 PER TUBE
1. TUBES MUST BE RETURNED BEFORE CLOSING THAT SAME DAY.
2. WE SHUTTLE OUR TUBES BY THEMSELVES ONLY ON THE 4 MILE TRIP.
WE CAN SHUTTLE OUR TUBES ON 8 OR 10 MILE TRIPS ONLY IF THEY ARE
GOING WITH CANOES OR KAYAKS IN THEIR SAME GROUP.
YOU CAN ALSO JUST TAKE TUBES TO THE CREEK AND BRING THEM BACK WHEN YOU ARE DONE.
3. NO GROUP RATES FOR TUBE RENTALS.
4. IF TUBES ARE LOST OR DAMAGED, THE REPLACEMENT FEE IS $40.
5. YOU MUST SIGN A WAIVER TO RENT TUBES.
6. IF WE SHUTTLE YOUR TUBE FOR YOU, THE RATE IS $5 EACH.
10 or more canoes/kayaks in a group
$5.00 off each
WE HONOR THOSE WHO ARE SERVING OR HAVE SERVED OUR COUNTRY
$5.00 OFF EACH BOAT WITH MILITARY ID
PLEASE CLICK THE BUTTON ABOVE TO DOWNLOAD OUR WAIVER THAT MUST BE SIGNED BEFORE RENTING OUR BOATS AND/OR TUBES OR BEING SHUTTLED TO/FROM THE CREEK.
YOU CAN PRINT IT, FILL IT OUT AND BRING IT WITH YOU TO EXPEDITE THE PROCESS.
IF YOU CAN'T DO THIS, NO WORRIES.
WE HAVE WAIVERS FOR YOU TO SIGN AT OUR STORE.
CAMPING RATES & INFORMATION
$5.00 per person – Ages 13 & over
Ages 12 & under CAMP FREE
(If you canoe or kayak one day, camping is free for one night!)
Our camping is all primitive and is located behind our store.
No RV hookups.
Extra $5 per person to hook up to electricity.
Portable restroom in campground, bathrooms inside store.
Dumpster available for trash.
Picnic tables available.
Building fires is permitted but please be responsible and put them out!
BREAKFAST AND LUNCH!
WE OFFER A VARIETY OF BREAKFAST FOODS SUCH AS EGGS COOKED HOW YOU LIKE,
BACON, SAUSAGE, GRAVY, HASHBROWNS, PANCAKES AND MORE!
FOR LUNCH, CHECK OUT OUR BURGERS, HOMEMADE CHICKEN TENDERS,
HOT & COLD SANDWICHES AND MUCH MORE!
WE ALSO SELL THE DELICIOUS HUNT BROTHERS PIZZA.
CLICK BELOW TO SEE OUR ENTIRE MENU.
CALL LOCAL # 845-4991 TO PLACE AN ORDER AT LEAST
30 MINUTES BEFORE CLOSING. THANKS!
WE SELL HUNTING/FISHING LICENSES
CLICK BELOW TO LINK TO THE
TENNESSEE WILDLIFE RESOURCES AGENCY WEBSITE FOR MORE INFORMATION ON LICENSE COSTS, RULES AND REGULATIONS.
We love Shoal Creek Canoe Run!!! It's so pretty and makes for a very relaxing day with the family and friends!!!
- Priscilla & Chris Landtroop
We make this trip at least twice a year. The Pursers are always very kind to us. The fishing is second to none.
- the Sylacauga gang
CLICK BELOW FOR CURRENT
WEATHER CONDITIONS IN IRON CITY, TN
WE WANT EVERYONE TO BE SAFE AND HAVE A GREAT TIME.
THESE ARE OUR RULES AND REGULATIONS.
1. No alcoholic beverages, drugs or intoxicated boaters are allowed. Floating the creek is a dangerous activity and Shoal Creek Canoe Run reserves the right to refuse service to anyone that poses a risk to themselves or others.
2. No crashing of boats into one another. Boaters will be liable for loss of or damage to Shoal Creek Canoe Run property (e.g., canoes, kayaks, tubes, paddleboards, vans, paddles, life vests).
3. No firearms or weapons of any kind.
4. No littering. Keep all litter in your boat and properly dispose of it after your trip.
5. No glass containers.
6. While being transported to and from access points, you must remain seated in the vehicle at all times.
7. Life vests are required by law to be in your possession and should be worn at all times.
BY LAW, LIFE VESTS MUST BE WORN BY CHILDREN 12 AND UNDER AT ALL TIMES!!!
8. Please be courteous to other boaters, anglers or swimmers.
9. Please respect private property. DON’T TRESPASS!
10. We would prefer no more than TWO adults per canoe to avoid excessive wear & tear. Kayaks are available for solo riders. A third person in canoe age 13 and older will pay $5 extra. Ages 12 and under can ride free. Pets are allowed, also.
11. Leave your valuables & car keys in a safe place. They can be kept in the office until your trip is over.
12. Shoal Creek Canoe Run will not refund your money in case of inclement weather after you are on the water. Float at your own risk!
13. Boaters need to back at the store before dark. There will be fees imposed to those who stay on the water past dark.
1. Campers, please dispose of all garbage in dumpster. Leave your campsite clean and litter-free!
2. Quiet time is 10:00 PM - 6 AM.
3. Pets are to be restrained at all times and owners must clean up after pets.
4. You are responsible for keeping your fire under control at all times. Please make sure fire is extinguished before leaving campsite.
5. Do not cut down, carve into or damage any live trees. Please leave the natural habitat the way you found it.
6. Please respect other campers' campsites and belongings. Do not trespass on other campsites.
7. No fighting or boisterous behavior. Keep noise to a minimum to respect other campers.
8. No firearms, fireworks or explosives of any kind are allowed on the premises.
9. Use cars, bikes, 4-wheelers or other such vehicles to enter or exit the campsite area only.
10. Illegal drugs are prohibited on campsite at all times. Shoal Creek Canoe Run owners and employees reserve the right to remove anyone from the premises that will not abide by the rules and regulations.
CALL TOLL FREE
THE BEST WAY TO REACH US OTHER THAN CALLING IS THROUGH SOCIAL MEDIA.
WE WILL ALSO POST UPDATES THERE MORE FREQUENTLY AS WELL. JUST CLICK A LOGO AT THE BOTTOM
OF THIS SECTION AND SEND US A MESSAGE. WE WILL RESPOND AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.